The Parish Town Board and Parish Village Board will meet together on Thursday, April 5 at 7:00 p.m. at the Parish Village Gym, 2938 East Main Street, Parish, New York. The public is welcome to attend this meeting.
The Parish Village Board has scheduled the following upcoming meetings in April:
- Monday, April 9, 6:00 p.m., Village Gym - budget workshop if necessary
- Wednesday, April 11, 6:45 p.m., Village Gym - public hearing, Bubis property
- Wednesday, April 11, 7:00 p.m., Village Gym - public hearing, 2018-19 budget presentation
- Wednesday, April 18, 6:45 p.m., Village Gym - public hearing, local law re: signs
- Wednesday, April 18, 6:50 p.m., Village Gym - public hearing, manufactured home overlay
- Wednesday, April 18, 6:55 p.m., Village Gym - public hearing, manufactured home moratorium
- Wednesday, April 18, 7:00 p.m., Village Gym - village board organizational meeting, followed by the monthly village board meeting
The village of Parish is conducting a survey of village residence to determine eligibility for possible grants for public water in the viillage. This letter explains the status of the public water project and the purpose of the survey.
- Letter to village resident about public water and need for survey of residents' income (Abobe Acrobat file; 20 k)
The New York State Department of State has put local laws adopted by municipalities and filed on or after January 1, 1998 online in a database searchable by municipality or subject.
The Annual Report of the Village of Parish is available for public inspection during normal office hours of the village.
The Village of Parish is now on Facebook!
Attention Parish Residents
The Village of Parish is continuing to pursue natural gas for the village. Village officials have met with representative of National Grid and the Tug Hill Commission, and the New York York State legislators representing the village of Parish.
Your cooperation in completing any community survey is always helpful in assisting us to reach our goal. In our attempt to get gas and water into our community has not been overlooked. We are still working in that direction but find the lack of assistance from the funding bodies that enable us to achieve our goal. National Grid feels it is too expensive an endeavor to invest in the Parish area and therefore, it would not be advantageous for them to put forth the cost. There was not enough of a response to the survey to convince them to pursue the project. However, we are still working on the idea.
The Parish Economic Development Council is no longer active, nor is the Parish Chamber of Commerce. If interested in Parish economic development, please contact the village office. Your interest and efforts could strongly contribute to and encourage the economic growth of the Village of Parish.
Attention Parish Residents - Please Return Your Water Survey!
Please return our water survey either by mail or drop it off at the town/village offices. The town and village boards appreciate your input as it is important to determine public opinion. If you did not receive a water survey and would like to express your opinion as a property owner, please contact the town of Parish at 315.625.4507 or the village of Parish at 315.625.4592.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Parish Town Board and Parish Village Board
Village Board and Joint Board
The Parish Village Board meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Village Gym, 2938 East Main Street, Parish, New York.
The Village of Parish and the Town of Parish hold a joint meeting the second Thursday of the month in the months of March, June, September, and December at 7:00 p.m. at the Village Gym, 2938 East Main Street, Parish, New York.
The minutes of the Parish village board for December 2017 have been posted to the Documents page.
The Parish town and village planning board meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m at the Village Gym, 2938 East Main Street, Parish, New York.
The public is most welcome to attend these meetings.
- Google Maps link to Parish Village Gym, 2938 East Main Street, Parish, New York
- National Weather Service forecast for Parish, New York
- New York State Department of Transportation Winter Traveler Advisory System
( October through late March; opens in new window )
- www.511ny.org transit conditions map (opens in new window)
In order to view certain documents on this website, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you are unable to view the documents, click on the icon to the left and download the program for free.
Questions? Comments? Broken links? E-mail the Webmaster !